Here's a recipe of the most delicious dish I had in the coastal town of Antalaha in Madagascar. You will be transported to paradise as you take a bite of the perfectly pan-seared prawns bathing in a rich coconut & vanilla curry along with piping hot steamed rice. The occasional bite of the sweet & juicy cherry tomatoes is delightful.
~ Gather Your Ingredients ~
|160 g King Prawns
|2 cups Coconut Milk
|1 Red Onion (Medium)
|150 g Cherry Tomatoes
|1 Andapa Vanilla Bean [Add to cart]
|2 tsp Muziris Black pepper [Add to cart]
|2 tsp Lakadong Turmeric [Add to cart]
|3-4 cloves of Garlic
|Ginger (1.5 inch)
|Salt to taste
|Coriander for garnish
~ Preparation Instructions ~
1. Season the king prawns with Lakadong Turmeric & salt.
2. Heat a pan over high heat and add a tablespoon of oil to sear the prawns until perfectly caramelised on both sides. Remove the prawns & set aside.
3. In the same pan, add another tablespoon or so of oil, then fry the chopped onions until golden brown. Add the crushed ginger and garlic to the onions, add the turmeric and continue to stir.
4. Now add the coconut milk and mix it well with the ingredients in the pan.
5. The vanilla bean can be added at this point. Slit the bean, scrape out the seeds and add it to the curry, add the whole vanilla bean as well.
6. Slice the cherry tomatoes into halves and gently stir in to the curry before adding the prawns. Add a few tbsp of water or as required to bring the curry to your desired consistency. Add the freshly crushed black peppercorns and sprinkle some salt to taste. Now add the prawns and bring the curry to simmer.
7. Finally garnish with a handful of fresh coriander.