Sunshine & good health sitting pretty in a cookie jar? Our Lakadong Turmeric not only gets to show off her gorgeous yellow hue but also infuses beautifully well with Andapa Vanilla Beans.
~ Gather Your Ingredients ~
|2 & 1/2 cups Self-raising Flour
|1 cup Sugar
|1 tsp Salt
|1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
|2 Large Eggs
|1 Andapa ‘Organic’ Vanilla Bean [Add to cart]
|2 tsp Lakadong ‘Heirloom’ Turmeric [Add to cart]
|1/2 cup Vanilla Bean Infused Sugar
|1/2 tsp Lakadong Turmeric
~ Preparation Instructions ~
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C as you prepare for the cookie dough.
2. Whisk the eggs, add the sugar, salt & butter and beat them well until light and fluffy.
3. Scrape out the vanilla from the beans/pod and add it to the mix. Then add the turmeric powder and combine all the ingredients well.
4. Add the self-raising flour and gently fold with a spatula and make sure there are no floury dry spots on the sides or bottom of the bowl.
5. Keep the dough in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes to allow it to firm up. Meanwhile prepare the sugar crust. You only need to combine the vanilla infused sugar and turmeric powder in a bowl.
6. Ready a baking tray and line it with parchment paper. Evenly line small scoops of the cookie dough with enough space in between them. It will spread and double up in size as it bakes.
7. Bake at 170°C for about 10 mins or so just until the sides are beginning to brown.
8. Allow the cookies to cool. Then bottle them in a jar.
You will be craving for more after you have had just 1, so prepare a batch to feed your family, friends & yourself. They are perfect with tea or coffee at anytime of the day AND an absolute favourite with the kids in the house. Bon Appétit!